It can sometimes be challenging to come up with ways to describe your accomplishments, especially those from academic settings. Here are a handful of resume phrases that Psychology majors may find useful:
- Read extensively about various child development theories, including those of Piaget, Mahler, Bowlby and Bandura.
- Familiar with research design, reseach methodologies, and statistical analysis.
- Conducted semester-long study examining response times to visual stimuli with and without auditory distractions, resulting in 25-page paper and 30 min. presentation.
- Examined theory that employment duration among immigrant populations is longer than that of domestic populations.
- Used various electronic databases, including PsychInfo, PsychARTICLES, and ProQuest.
- Lead numerous class discussion on wide range of topics, such as anxiety’s effect on studying, post tramautic stress from 9/11, and therapeutic uses of music and song.
- As part of 5-student group, observed learning strategies of 3-5 year old children at local daycare center.
- Utilized SPSS to analyze research findings.
Keep in mind that the phrases above are just examples and are provided to remind you of your many accomplishments as a student. Revise, edit and tailor the phrases as your needs require.