(I originally posted these tips on Twitter. @sweetcareers)
- Not sure where to start networking? Try starting with some informational interviews.
- College students have networks, too. But you’ll need to expand your network, and work to keep it active.
- Connect with your college’s alumni network by contacting Alumni Relations. Also see if your alums have a LinkedIn group which is especially helpful if you’re looking for jobs in different geographic locations.
- Remember networking is about building relationships. Even if you are a college student, look for ways that you can help your network, such as sharing recent news articles related to your field, or sharing contacts and ideas.
- Alums in your network may be interested in news about campus, updates on professors, or recent athletic events.