(I originally posted these tips on Twitter. @sweetcareers)
- Who’s on your success team? Surround yourself with individuals who inspire you. These should be people you trust, whose work ethic is admirable.
- Drop the “friends” that are unmotivated and are sabotaging their own success.
- Your success team doesn’t have to be in your field or industry. They do need to be honest with you, but also encouraging.
- You don’t have to connect with these individuals everyday, but connecting is important. Update them regularly and remember to inquire about their lives.
- Members could include professors, coaches, advisors, career counselors, industry professionals, co-workers and fellow students.
- Success teams work best if they are mutually beneficial – remember to give back.
- Would anyone want you on their success team?