It can sometimes be challenging to come up with ways to describe your accomplishments, especially those from academic settings. Here are a handful of resume phrases that Public Relations majors may find useful:
- Studied various theories of communications, including ____, ____, ____ and ____.
- Examined issues of age, ethnicity, and gender in relation to communication.
- Wrote simulated memo to parents of first year students informing them about recent changes to residence policies; letter subsequently adopted by Residence Life.
- Interviewed attorney, J. Smith, regarding issues slander, invasion of privacy and libel; gave 15 min. class presentation summarizing interview.
- Developed communication portfolio for St. Mary’s Hospital in collaboration with three other students.
- Studied crisis communication; presented comparison of Mattel vs. Fisher-Price management of toy recalls
- Wrote several university press releases, including news of $2.5 million gift
- Gave numerous mock news conferences, including announcement of tainted beef recall.
- Developed 20-page, corporate communications package for mock Google buyout of Facebook and gave 30 min. class presentation as part of 3-person final project.
Keep in mind that the phrases above are just examples and are provided to remind you of your many accomplishments as a student. Revise, edit and tailor the phrases as your needs require.