“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” Dr.
I often think, why bother unless you strive to be the best. I’d like to think that the vast majority of us set out to do the best we can. Now some of us may procrastinate or may put in a really good effort to a point, but most of us want to simply be the best. As I mentioned in a previous post, there are “best lists” for everything and Job Search is no exception. So today I plan to post a number of “Best” links so that you too can strive to be the best.
Best for your Career:
- Best Places to Work in Finance – This article is from About.com and is all about Finance and Accounting. If you are a Finance person (as I am), then you will be interested in this list. The list was compiled by using companies that seem to get frequent mentions in surveys about being the best. There are additional links at the bottom of the page for related items.
- Best U.S. Retail Companies to Work For in 2010 According to Fortune Magazine – Continuing on the About.com theme, this article provides a similar view for Retail. The article lists the best companies along with embedded links to additional information. There are related articles at the bottom of the page as well as tabs at the top of the page related to Retail.
- 2010 Best Places to Work for New Grads – In this case the word “places” means companies. This article, posted by The Sun’s Financial Diary, is a good read for anyone looking for a job and provides an overview with a few embedded links. This is followed by a list of companies (with industry) that are considered the best places to work (according to this article).
- Best Places to Work 2011 – No, this is not a misprint. This article is indeed about best places to work in 2011. The article was posted by hrc.org and lists career types with embedded links. Click the link to fast forward to a list of companies for that industry. Click on a company and this brings up a page with detail on the company, including a checklist of benefits. There is also a link to the company’s website.
- Best Places to Work (2010) – One more list for you of the best places to work, this one from glassdoor.com and includes their top 50 winners. The list is in rankings order with the company name (with an embedded link to a glassdoor review) and the rating. Click on the company name to see the full glassdoor review.
Good luck in your search.