- Represented university to campus visitors, including prospective students, parents, alumni and community members
- Answered questions about ____ College and local community
- Wrote original content for Admissions Blog, read by prospective students and parents
- Helped set up for special visit days and Admissions events
- Entered data into Banner database, maintaining accuracy and strict confidentiality
- Answered phones and called prospective students
- Participated in regular staff meetings
- Offered suggestions for improving campus tour procedure, all of which were adopted
- Consistently recognized by visitors for providing engaging and interesting campus tours
- Trained new student workers, both on the job and during week-long training
- Provided front desk coverage as needed
- Performed variety of administrative tasks, including filing, photocopying, faxing, checking and sending emails, preparing mass mailings, etc.
- Revitalized group’s social media presence, including the addition of Twitter and YouTube, leading to improved member involvement
Keep in mind that the phrases above are just examples and are provided to remind you of your many accomplishments as a student. Revise, edit and tailor the phrases as your needs require.
Involvement in extra-curricular activities in college can give you valuable experience, but how do you translate this experience on your resume? The Resume Phrases by Common On-campus Jobs series provides sample resume phrases for experiences commonly gained through different extra-curricular activities and on-campus employment. These sample phrases are intended to inspire students and recent grads to describe their college experience more thoroughly.