Even though classes have barely started, there are a number of internship (and job) deadlines that come very early in the fall. Opportunities in consulting, government and journalism, to name a few, can have application deadlines as early as September!
- Head to your campus career center within the first weeks of class and attend any orientation sessions provided.
- Plan to attend on-campus recruiting information sessions or information tables, and any career fairs, to connect with recruiters.
- Identify internship and job opportunities that interest you and get their deadlines on your calendar.
- Networking with alumni and other professionals in your field to learn about more opportunities and to get insider tips on the application process.
- With the help of career services, prepare tailored resumes and cover letters.
- Even if some of your internship deadlines aren’t until after the new year, send your applications in early, then follow-up a few times before the Christmas holidays.