- Take time to get to know who your academic advisor is; they can be an invaluable resource when it comes to planning your classes, understanding campus policies, and finding additional resources that you’ll need.
- Definitely take advantage of your faculty’s office hours.
- Try to follow a (flexible) schedule that takes into account class time, study, work, social time, exercise and sleep.
- Surround yourself with a strong support network. And with all the available tech, that network doesn’t necessarily have to be on campus, or even in the same city.
- Connect with your career services office early and often.
- Have fun! College is a finite period of time in your life. Enjoy it!
What strategies do you use to manage your school year? Let us know in the comments.