During an interview, you will likely be asked why you are interested in _____ field, why you are interested in pursuing ____ career, why you’re interested in working for _____ organization. There is a positive correlation between the quality of your responses and the interviewer’s interest in you – the more sincere, detailed, and thoughtful your responses, the more interesting you will be to the interviewer.
So, how interested are you in your field?
- Are you staying current with trends, technologies, and news that impact your field?
- Are you reading relevant journals and trade magazines?
- Are you networking with professionals either via professional associations, online communities, or both?
- Are you actively contributing to the field, even in basic ways, like participating in conferences, writing blog posts, commenting on articles, attending lectures, taking classes, volunteering?
- Are you looking for ways to advance the field by pursuing new or innovative approaches to current practices?